Crochet Pattern: Circular Vest – 9 Sizes

By Rachel Choi – 19 Comments

The Circular Vest is crocheted in the round as one piece (no sewing required). It’s crocheted with a large crochet hook to give it a loose drape while still providing warmth. Best of all, this vest works up really quick! Personalize this cardigan styled vest by adding buttons or a belt.

Finished Sizes: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X (measurements for each size are included within pattern, bust size ranges from 28″ to 62″)

Skill Level: crochet skill level easy
Materials:
Medium Weight Yarn (approximately 300 – 600 yards, depending on size)
Crochet Hook N (10.00 mm)
crochet yarn size 4

Download:

1. Go to the Crochet Spot Store
  2. Login or create a new account
  3. Add item to shopping cart and check out. (Premium Pattern Members may download pattern for free without checking out)

All purchases help to support Crochet Spot and are greatly appreciated!

Need help while crocheting your circular vest? Just let me know and I’ll help!

Similar Posts

19 Comments

1. Mary says:

Great pattern! Thanks for including so many sizes. Now I can make one for my skinny neice and one for myself (not that I’m calling myself fat lol). :D

2. Nancy says:

never made something to wear before.but I would love to start with this

3. Marjorie says:

You have inspired and give me confidence with my crocheting! I’m going to actually make something to wear. Thanks again for all your great patterns.

4. Jane says:

So cool! And it fits with the fall trend of longer draped garments.

5. Darlene says:

It is beautiful! Rachel, you are a genius!

6. Raquel says:

this is too cool, i love it, i am going to make this for myself. i’ll actually have something that i made for myself (besides a hat). can’t wait to make it

7. Esther Daniels says:

Hi Rachel,

I have a counting question. Do I count the ch 3 or ch 2 in each round as the first stitch so that for round 1, I would actually only do 11 dc to make 12, or do I dc 12 and the ch3 makes 13?

Thanks!
    Esther

• Rachel says:

Hi Ester, the chains are not counted as double crochets unless specified in the pattern. So if the stitch count is 12 double crochets, then you are literally making 12 double crochets, not 11. (This also goes for any pattern on Crochet Spot) Let me know if you need more help.

8. Pam Murphy says:

I love it! (that was screamed) LOL

9. Debra says:

Rachel, This pattern is wonderful. I do have a question. I have crocheted until the “finish” of a size medium. When I try it on it does not ruffle in the front. Is there something I’m missing? Thank you, Debra

• Rachel says:

Hi Debra, it’s all about the way you wear it. To style the ruffles, you can lay more of the fabric from the circle towards the front. You can even make the circle larger by continuing with the pattern if you think you need more fabric to drape down. Feel free to try it out and play around with it to make different looks!

10. Dale says:

I love this vest–the first time I wore it, I got gobs of compliments. Thanks for a great pattern!

11. Julie says:

I’m trying out this pattern at the moment. Just started on the back.

12. Julie says:

i tried doing this but i came out with a little twist

13. DaVida says:

This is a GREAT pattern!!! It’s quick, easy to make, and looks great even when it’s made with the lesser expensive yarn (e.g., Red Heart).

14. Bertie says:

I can’t figure out how to get the pattern for circular vest. When I go to the crochet spot store, I can’t find it. Help please

15. Sandy Shackelford says:

I would like to buy the Crochet Pattern: Circular Vest, but can’t find it in the store, how do I go about buying it????