5 Good Excuses to Crochet More OftenBy Rachel Choi – 3 Comments
Do you find yourself too busy to crochet? Whether you are too busy working, studying in school, or taking care of the kids, here are some good excuses to indulge in your favorite hobby: crochet!
- Scientifically proven to be healthy. The repetitive action of crocheting helps manage stress, pain, and depression. It can also strengthen the body’s immune system and decrease the chances of memory loss by 50%. You can even watch the CBS video clip for more info here: Studies Show Knitting and Crocheting is Good For Your Health
- Reduces stress. This is related to the above “excuse” but needs no scientific evidence to prove. Just ask any avid crochet out there, and he or she will tell you how relaxing and stress relieving it is to crochet. It’s great to be stress free!
- Makes you happy. We all know that life can be a handful. Taking time out for yourself is the best thing you can do. After all, if you are a happier person for it, I bet everyone else will be happy you did it too. (no one wants to be around a grumpy person)
- Enhances your dexterity. The more you work with your hands, the better you get at it! Ever want to impress someone with how super fast you can crochet? Well, the more you practice, the better you get.
- It’s for a good cause. Lot of crocheters all around the world enjoy crocheting for a cause. Whether it’s crocheting hats and scarves for the homeless or blankets for babies, you know that your work is making a difference! (check out the crochet charity page, if you would like to find a charity to donate your crochet items to)
Do you have an excuse to crochet more often? Feel free to leave a comment to share!