6 Fun Places to Crochet OutsideBy Rachel Choi – 12 Comments
|Now that the weather is getting warmer, I’m sure you want to spend more time outside rather than being cooped up in your house. Crocheting is known way too much for being the hobby that’s done on your couch in front of the TV, but it doesn’t have to be. Why not take your crochet with you wherever you go? Carry it along in a convenient bag or container and find an enjoyable place to crochet outside. Here are ideas of places to go to crochet and enjoy the beautiful nature of the outdoors.|
- Park – Find a bench in a park and crochet away! You can even bring the kids, so they can play while you crochet. If you’re worried about getting your yarn dirty, just put it in a bag or use a yarn container. Check out this post to see how you can make your own: Yarn Containers
- Picnic – Go to a nice place, and lay out a blanket. Eat great food with family and friends, and have a great time! Then whip out the crochet hook and yarn to relax. You can even invite other crochet friends to join you so that you aren’t the only one crocheting.
- Porch / Yard – You don’t have to go anywhere special to enjoy the great weather! Just go outside and sit on the porch or a under a tree in your backyard. It’s really enjoyable to sit outside on a nice day, listen to the birds chirp, and crochet.
- Beach – If it’s family vacation time, there’s no need to leave the crochet hook and yarn behind. In fact, with so much free time, this can be the best chance to get your projects done. You can still build sand castles and hop in the water. But when you’re ready to wind down, crocheting on the beach can be super fun!
- Bus Stop – There’s no better place to crochet then when you’re trying to pass the time. It’s pretty boring waiting at the bus stop. Grab your crochet project and do a few rows while you wait.
- Work Break – You can always find a chance to take time out of the day to crochet a bit. How about during your lunch break? You don’t have to go far, just outside of your office building or work area. Find a bench or toss a blanket on the grass to enjoy the great outdoors while having lunch and crochet.
Do you know of a fun place to crochet outside? Feel free to leave a comment to share!