I Heart Crochet Totes!By Caissa "Cami" McClinton – 6 Comments
OMG I totes love totes. (Scroll down for translation.)
I know, right!?
Translation: “My goodness, I am entirely fond of tote bags. Don’t you agree?”
I may sound a little giddy, but I don’t mind admitting that I do feel quite enthusiastic about crocheted totes. They’re so useful and so easy to make! I love a quick project and a good tote is definitely worth the return on investment.
As a whole totes are hearty, durable, and they’ll quickly become the thing you just take for granted in your life. You don’t have to treat a tote delicately because typically they’re made with workhorse yarns that will stand up to the rough ways we handle totes.
Here are eight great uses for totes:
– Keep one packed with your gym clothes and a towel.
– Hang one on the door to collect library books that need to be returned.
– Leave a couple in the car to use during shopping trips to the farmer’s market or grocery store.
– Dedicate one to wrangling your used grocery bags that will be repurposed for trash or recycling.
– Let the kids pack a small tote with their favorite toys du jour to keep them occupied while you are running errands together.
– Place round-bottomed totes on shelves to stow your YARN STASH!
– Keep a tote full of your favorite time-passers (books, journal, hand-held video game, crossword puzzles, crochet projects, etc.) in your car for those times you’ll be stuck waiting in line, at the DMV, or in a doctor’s waiting room.
– And last but not least – by all means, tote a crochet project bag!!
Here six great tote patterns that can be found right here on Crochet Spot!
Thanks, Rachel, for all of these totes fetch totes! 😉 Translation: “completely enchanting tote bags!”
So, Crochet Spotters, what do you like to use your totes for? Do you ever crochet totes? If so, what is your favorite yarn to create totes with?